A delivery mobile app is a trend of 2020
Food delivery apps are now more popular than ever before
Benefits of mobile app
This solution has lots of advantages, both for a client and for delivery service (or restaurant, cafe, etc.).
For a client:
- Convenience. It is definitely more convenient than looking for the website, delivery service contacts, cash to pay a courier, and if you have only a phone within arms reach and you are going to look at the menu, and then call from this phone...
- Quickness. With the mobile application, you make just a couple of clicks within one minute, and that's it, your order is made! Much faster than doing everything "by hand."
For the delivery service:
- Possibility of integration with CRM-system. Orders immediately appear in your accounting system. This is invaluable data for the marketing department.
- Additional channel for advertising. You can send a push message with a promotional offer to a customer who has not ordered for a long time.
- Saving time. The automation of receiving orders significantly increases your performance. This will be especially noticeable during peak hours.
- Saving money. You pay for application development once, then you just keep your system operational (hosting and other expenses), but you save on the call center, for example. So, in the long run, this means cost savings.
- Customer loyalty. And most importantly, your client does not search anything on Google, does not see offers from other services, and stays with you. Customer loyalty is critical to success in this competitive environment.
So, as you can see, the development of a Delivery mobile app is a beneficial solution for both consumers and businesses.
What do you need to develop a delivery mobile app?
So, when creating a delivery mobile app, first you have to decide about a business model. What and how you will deliver, who will deliver the orders, how the payment goes, etc. A mobile application developer usually has some best practices, solution templates for different elements, and they can offer some of them, but the idea is up to you.
The main development stages look something like this:
- Concept development – main screens and links. At this stage, navigation is thought out, and a mide map is created.
- UX prototype. Functional model development of the main application screens with the designation of the size and location of the control elements, but without determining the color scheme and elaboration of details.
- Design concept. Drawing the main elements and choosing colors.
- Drawing of all screens. Detailed work on the design of the application.
- Programming. Writing code and implementing all application functions.
- Integration of online payments for payment by credit card or internet money through the application.
- Instant messages service. To communicate the user with a courier or consultant.
- Integration with social networks. Social media buttons to share the most delicious dishes with friends, register/login via social media, etc.
It is possible to implement other functions depending on the requests and requirements of the application customer.
Almost in all cases, a client application is only part of the overall ecosystem. As a rule, there is also a website, an administrative section for moderation, etc. You need either to integrate this application into an existing ecosystem or create or supplement it with missing elements.
Support, promotion, analytics
Not only the website needs a promotion, but mobile applications as well. There are special methods of ASO promotion to increase the position of an application in the search results of the Google Play store and the App Store, and this must also be taken into account.
Shortcomings and critical errors are identified, ideas for improving the work of the service appear during the operation of any system. All of this is accomplished through regular application updates and project maintenance.
It is important to track traffic, user behavior, their feedback on the service and applications. Reviews can be viewed on Google Play and the App Store, the analytics system is required to study activity and behavioral factors. The most popular services are Google Analytics, Firebase, as well as paid services - Mixpanel, Amplitude, Localitics. You can find out not only the number of downloads of applications but also the website from which the installation was made, which sections a user visits, and what actions are made.
The cost of developing a mobile application is always estimated individually, since it is always an original solution, which depends on who you order the work, what functions should be there, what design, integration, etc. But, in any case, the cost of creating the simplest application will cost you about $4000.
Even despite the fact that the development of such an application will cost you at least $4,000, it is definitely worth ordering sooner or later, because it gives advantages to you and, more importantly, to your client. In such a competitive environment, a business cannot stay behind the trends; otherwise, it risks completely losing its positions and closing. Thus, the introduction of innovations, including mobile applications for customers, in the long term, is a matter of survival in the market.